Internships with the United Nations in New York City, in partnership with NEPOMAK
Do you thrive in an environment that is truly international and multi-cultural?
Are you selfless and driven to be a part of a bigger purpose in the service of humanity?
NEPOMAK, partnered with the Cyprus Mission to the United Nations in New York is offering a unique opportunity to eligible NEPOMAK members to experience working as an intern in the United Nations system, working closely alongside diplomatic staff.
Interns can expect to get hands on experience and be involved in a number of tasks, including:
- Attending and reporting on various meetings at the United Nations. Including meetings at the General Assembly and the Security Council.
- Preparing reports to be sent to the Cypriot Government on UN-related issues.
- Conducting research to aid the work of the diplomats.
- Helping with outreach activities and other events.
In order to be eligible to apply, candidates must:
- Be a current, registered member of NEPOMAK (it's quick, easy and free to sign up online).
- Be a citizen of a European Union Member State (including Cyprus). Note – candidates resident outside of the European Union holding a European passport are eligible to apply.
- Hold a university degree (or equivalent) or be studying at graduate level at the time of the application. Priority will be given to candidates with qualifications in the following or related fields: Political Science, International Relations, European Studies, Law or Economics.
- Be available to work for at least 3 months.
- Demonstrate an interest in international affairs, the work of the UN and the EU.
- Have excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Greek or Turkish is an asset.
- Have excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications).
- Have excellent interactive and interpersonal skills, and be able to work in a multicultural environment.
Visa requirements: The Cyprus Mission to the United Nations will assist selected candidates in satisfying the US immigration requirements for the duration of the internship.
To be considered for an internship, candidates must submit the following by email to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Name and contact details of two referees or a letter of recommendation.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview.
The application process is ongoing and as such, applications may be submitted all year round. We recommend that candidates apply at least four months before their preferred internship start date.
The internships are unpaid and participants will be required to organise and fund their own accommodation, medical insurance, and other expenses during the course of the internship. There should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
For further information, please e-mail email@example.com